Who can report to us?
- Anyone directly involved in or having witnessed an incident. You don’t have to be a BHS member.
What counts as an incident?
Any unplanned event that has:
- resulted in a rider or handler feeling concerned (e.g. verbal abuse)
- resulted in a horse reacting in an unsettled way (e.g. excessive noise)
- the potential to cause injury to a rider, handler or horse even though it may not have at this time (a near miss)
- already caused injury to a rider, handler or horse (an accident)
What does your incident involve?
- Road/off-road user
- Slippery road surfaces
- Low flying aircraft
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW APP - HORSE i
Our new horse incidents reporting app, Horse i, allows you to quickly and easily submit details of any incidents you encounter directly to the BHS via your mobile or tablet device.
Find out more
Read more about the different types of incidents you can report to us, why it is important to submit your incidents and learn how The British Horse Society is working hard to make a difference to equine safety.
Filter incidents by type:
By year of incident: